Thursday, June 9, 2016

Contrast, Balance, Harmony





 I have always had a special place in my heart for airplanes, because growing up my mom was a flight attendent so I spent a lot of time at the airport where I would watch planes take off and others land.  I love this picture because it gives me a very peaceful feeling and takes me back to my childhood. The plane is balanced directly in the center, making it so the picture is not right or left side heavy. The shadow of the plane contrasts the sun that is placed in the background. The vertical, white lines that are coming from the road gives the picture energy. The lines coming off from the sun also gives the picture more excitement to it. The vertical lines are balanced out with the horizontal line way off in the distance.  This Picture is almost symmetrical, I am not the biggest fan of symmetrical picture, but I feel this picture pulled it off nicely. My eyes go directly to the light from the sun, which is in the middle, then I start noticing the shadows on the side.  The shadows coming off of the airplane makes it look more 3D.

No comments:

Post a Comment